Associate Director/Director of Medicinal Chemistry
(Job Code RAC-07-2015)
Description: We are currently seeking a Senior Medicinal Chemist to join our chemistry team. The candidate will lead the small molecule efforts within Ra Pharmaceuticals and serve as a key resource to the different internal program teams as well as participate on a multi-disciplinary team to further optimize and expand Ra Pharma’s drug discovery platform.
Primary responsibilities will include:
- Conceiving and executing medicinal chemistry initiatives across multiple project phases including hit generation, lead identification and optimization, and ADMET property optimization, all within the context of a target pharmaceutical product profile
- Design, synthesis and characterization of small molecules and macrocyclic peptidomimetics using state of the art methods
- Work with multidisciplinary preclinical development teams to enable the transition from hit to lead candidate as well as final nomination of a clinical candidate
- Work with external partners and academic collaborators in drug discovery efforts
- Management of outside CROs and external FTEs
- Provide regular updates to senior management and assist with budgeting and contract negotiations.
Qualifications: The candidate should have a Ph.D in Organic Chemistry /Medicinal Chemistry with a minimum of 10 years of industrial experience. Proven ability to lead a discovery project from idea conception to clinical candidate selection is required. Demonstrated creativity, inventiveness and innovation in solving problems related to potency, safety and druggability of candidate molecules. Ability to define practical solutions to make go/no-go decisions and effectively communicate program progress within chemistry as well as at larger project team meetings. Significant experience using structure-based and computer-aided drug design to positively influence design hypotheses through close collaboration with crystallography and modeling colleagues is a must.
(Title and compensation will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.)
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to hr at rapharma dot com.
Ra Pharma™ is building a dynamic team of scientists to solve the most difficult problems in drug discovery today. We seek highly motivated individuals who enjoy working in a collaborative atmosphere and a goal-oriented environment.
Ra Pharma™ is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive cash and stock compensation, excellent employee benefits and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in an outstanding and intellectually challenging work environment.