RA Pharmaceuticals seeks a Research Associate II - (Job Code MBRAII2015)
Molecular Biology in Cambridge, MA to perform the following duties:
- Develop highly modified peptides as novel therapeutics;
- Perform assembly and testing of in vitro translation systems and peptide libraries;
- Produce and characterize target proteins. Optimize their chemical biotinylation and capture on various resins, and characterize the activity of the immobilized targets in preparation for in vitro selections;
- Perform high throughput selections and sequence analysis, and the biochemical characterization of active molecules;
- Perform acquisition and management of supplies and instruments, method development, and SOP writing; and
- Manage/interpret data, particularly sequence alignments and analysis, and present and communicate results to senior management.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements: Master's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Biotechnology, Molecular Biology, Cell Biology, or closely related field.
Special Requirements: Knowledge, which may be gained through coursework or experience, to include each of the following: 1) cloning with restriction enzymes, including PCR, plasmid preps and TA Cloning; 2) high throughput protein purification and characterization utilizing Bradford assay, SDS-PAGE, size exclusion and affinity chromatography and Mass spectrometry; 3) protein biochemistry including assessing protein-ligand interactions using a variety of assays that include: thermal stability measurement assays, radioligand binding assays, or ELISA. M-F 8:00-5:00. Send resume to info at rapharma dot com.
Research Associate – Molecular Biology
(Job Code MBRA2015)
Description: We are currently seeking a Research Associate with diverse skills in molecular biology and biochemistry to help advance our platform and extend our drug pipeline. Primary responsibilities will include the assembly and testing of in vitro transcription and translation systems, protein production and characterization, iterative in vitro selections, and the biochemical characterization of active molecules. Additional activities will include, acquisition and management of supplies and instruments, method development, and SOP writing
Qualifications: Candidates must have a BA/BS or MS degree in biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related discipline and 3+ years of laboratory experience. Broad experience in molecular biology, peptide chemistry, or protein chemistry is required. The successful candidate will be a flexible and careful bench scientist who is eager to learn new technologies and excited by the challenges and rewards of working in a highly demanding environment. Experience with in vitro selection technologies, such as phage display or SELEX, is highly desirable but not required.
To apply, please send your résumé and cover letter to hr at rapharma dot com.
Ra Pharma™ is building a dynamic team of scientists to solve the most difficult problems in drug discovery today. We seek highly motivated individuals who enjoy working in a collaborative atmosphere and a goal-oriented environment.
Ra Pharma™ is an equal opportunity employer offering competitive cash and stock compensation, excellent employee benefits and the opportunity for personal and professional growth in an outstanding and intellectually challenging work environment.